Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Architecture

My first attempt with Sketchup turned out a little wonky, attempting to capture postmodern style.



For my second attempt, I looked at the idea of Palladianism. The Greek and Roman temple influence is clear in the use of columns and steps. I chose to incorporate some of the Postmodern ideas here as well, adapting the triangular top of the pillars to give a more unique dimension to the design. This also illustrates the concept of deconstruction, altering the precepts of the Palladianism design. In addition I added some protruding black ornaments to the building, representing the concept of cladding. Lastly by adding an array of colors, the building illustrates polychrony.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, well it looks like you gave it a shot. You should probably try again. The assignment was to design a building that had elements of about 5 or so of the 500 Great Ideas book and write about it. -- Brian

    ReplyDelete